Force install or Apple Boot Camp drivers under Windows
Here, we are assuming you have followed the instruction on how to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp and have access to the Boot Camp drivers on USB. Once your Windows installation is up and running do the following:
- In the Windows Cortana search bar type CMD but do not press the enter key.
- Right-click the Command Prompt Desktop app.
Select Run as administrator. In the Command Prompt you'll need to navigate to the Boot Camp drivers you downloaded when preparing you Mac to install Windows. We will assume that the USB device is mounted in Windows as the "D:\" drive.
- Type D:\ and press enter.
- Type cd BootCamp\Drivers\Apple
- Press enter. In order to make certain we are in the correct directory we will list the current contents of the directory.
- Type dir.
- Press enter. You should see a list of Apple related files and one that is called BootCamp.msi. Once confirmed we can go ahead and force the installation.
- Type msiexec /i BootCamp.msi.